At Wandrian Adventures, we believe in adventure and understand that it is vital to preserve the ecosystems and cultures that make those adventures possible. As travelers, we have a profound impact on our fellow world citizens, and we believe it’s vital to ensure that our impact is positive. Keeping that in mind, we strive to walk lightly upon the Earth and take the following measures to reduce our “travel footprint” as much as possible:
Adventure travelers tend to go off the beaten path, outside the sprawling cities and beyond the everyday. The farther we travel, the more we can do for our fellow men and women. As a Wandrian Adventures Adventeer, we hope you will be more than adventurer and join us on an adventeer trip soon. It’s the best for all of us!
- Call and talk to us instead of requesting a catalog, and we will purchase carbon credits to make your flight carbon neutral!
- Packing light is good for the environment and for your back! A heavy pack costs more and uses more energy to move. We’ll provide a detailed packing guide to help you keep your load to the minimum. Of course, we’ve got you covered with plenty of emergency equipment and clothing, just in case.
- We choose direct flights to reduce the worst part of plane emissions – takeoff and landing.
- We leave the areas we explore in better condition than we found them by properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, and avoiding the spread of invasive species
- We can all purchase full carbon offsets to reduce our impact on the environment.
What is an adventeer?
Adventeer [ad-ven-teer] noun: A person who believes in adventure and volunteers before, after, or during a Wandrian Adventure.
Our Adventeer trips let you travel and do good at the same time. We offer hands-on opportunities to help communities in far-flung places, combining your vacation with a chance to make a real and solid difference. You might help build a school or fix a water filtration system, bringing long-lasting and positive change to a village while creating positive memories!
No Green-washing here
We’ve all heard the expression “whitewashing” — it’s defined as “a coordinated attempt to hide unpleasant facts, especially in a political context.”
“Greenwashing” is the same premise in an environmental context.
Companies and organizations greenwash when they spend more money marketing themselves as “eco-friendly” than they do on actually reducing their environmental impact. It’s whitewashing with a green brush.
We take this seriously, and you should too. Please travel and do business with companies that care for the environment and not just their bottom line. We believe that sustainability is the only path to travel.
We give a damn!
It’s easy to fly around the world while eating, drinking, and being merry. You can take lots of pictures and fly home again. At Wandrian Adventures we think you should do all of those things, but why not help people and the environment along the way? Quite simply, it's the only responsible way to travel.
When we founded Wandrian Adventures, we made a conscious decision to do everything we can to minimize the impact of our adventures from beginning to end. We want you to join us in that effort. Wandrian Adventures has partnered with 1% for the Planet, which means 1% of our gross profits (not our net) goes to companies that support the environment. It’s just one part of our efforts to alleviate the stresses that travel puts on our world.
Our adventeers take it one step further and help the local communities that we visit. We can make a difference and we should. We give a damn - and our travelers do too!